Here are some of the great questions that a recent writer’s craft class asked me:
- How do you know if what you write is good?
- What inspired you to be a poet?
- Where do you get your ideas to write your poems?
- Were you always good at public speaking? If not, how did you improve?
- How do you memorize your poems? Is it difficult?
- What makes a poet, a poet?
My responses in the classroom come generously. The genuine curiousity of students gets me speaking easily. I’m so grateful for the experience I share with students in the classroom; as I teach poetry, I learn.